Size: 100 ml
Lot # Check on the product label
1. Cartilage is a resilient and smooth elastic tissue, rubber-like padding that covers and protects the ends of long bones at the joints, and is a structural component of the rib cage, the ear, the nose, the bronchial tubes, the intervertebral discs, and many other body components. It is not as hard and rigid as bone, but it is much stiffer and much less flexible than muscle.
2. Tolonium chloride (INN, also known as toluidine blue or TBO) is a blue cationic (basic) dye used in histology and sometimes clinically. Toluidine blue solution is used in testing for lignin, a complex organic molecule that bonds to cellulose fibres and strengthens and hardens the cell walls in plants. A positive toluidine blue test causes the solution to turn from blue to pink. The dye is sometimes used by surgeons to help highlight areas of mucosal dysplasia (which preferentially take up the dye compared to normal tissue) in premalignant lesions (e.g. leukoplakia).
|Cartilage staining solution (Toluidine blue O method)||100 ml|
Protocol (For reference only)
1. Conventional decalcifying, embedding and fix.
2. Dewax the tissue section in dimethylbenzene for 10 min, then, immerse the section for another 10 min in the fresh dimethylbenzene.
3. Immerse the tissue section in 100%, 95% & 75% ethanol for 1 min respectively, then, rinse the section with water.
4. Immerse the tissue section in the Cartilage Staining Solution. The optimal staining time should be determined by end users according to different kinds of cartilages.
5. Wash for 2 mins with water, dry by filter paper.
6. Acetone differentiates to the degree of cartilage cells is bluish violet and clearly visible.
7. Dehydrate with ethanol, transparentize with dimethylbenzene and seal section with neutral gum.
Cartilaginous & osteogenic cells turn red violet, meanwhile, the background is light blue.
1. Prolong the staining time for the tissues which are difficult to dye.
2. For your safety and health, please wear the experiment clothes and disposable glove to operate.